CMU Health Infectious Disease is a multidisciplinary group of clinicians dedicated to the care and treatment of a wide spectrum of common and complex infectious conditions, including complications caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites and more. Infectious disease is a subspecialty of internal medicine and comprises comprehensive care for each of your unique needs, including a travel medicine clinic.
Although most common infections are treated by general internists and other specialists, internists practicing infectious disease medicine are often called upon to help diagnose unknown infections and assist in managing difficult, unusual, or complicated infections.
Our infectious disease specialists aim to provide expert care for patients and timely support for clinicians in Saginaw and surrounding regions.
Talk to your primary care physician about a referral to CMU Health Infectious Disease if you need treatment for any of the following:
- Clostridium Difficile Infections
- Complicated bone and joint infections
- Complicated lung infections
- Diarrhea caused by infectious agents, including parasites
- Fungal infections
- Fevers and infections complicating cancer care
- Fevers of unknown origin
- HIV/AIDS, including preventive care such as education and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Helicobacter pylori infections (recurrent, non-responsive to first-line therapy)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Infections in immunocompromised individuals
- Infections of the central nervous system and other brain infections
- Intraabdominal infections
- Infected pressure ulcers/osteomyelitis
- Preventive care, e.g. immunization for adults
- Post-surgical infections
- Post-travel illnesses
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Skin and other soft tissue infections
- Tuberculosis or non-tuberculous mycobacterial infections
- Travel medicine, including immunizations and medication review, health and safety counseling, post-travel consultations
Choosing CMU Health
CMU Health doctors have the expertise, training and technology to provide optimal care for patients suffering from even the most complex conditions. Our physicians develop treatment plans specific to each patient and give them the care and attention to attain the best possible results.
Our infectious disease specialists have privileges at both Ascension St. Mary’s and Covenant HealthCare in Saginaw. However, outpatient consultations are completed at our CMU Health Infectious Disease clinic in Saginaw.
Our infectious disease specialists
- Raya Beiz, MD
- Nicholas Haddad, MD
Referral information for physicians
We value the relationships we have built with our local community of physicians – thank you for making a referral to CMU Health Infectious Disease.
Epic users may place the following order: Referral to CMU Health Infectious Disease (REF37).
Providers not on Epic may fax referrals to 989-746-7993.