CMU Medical Education Partners, founded in 1968 as Saginaw Affiliated Hospitals, Inc., has been committed to research, education, and coordination of medical activities in the community for more than 50 years. CMU Medical Education Partners provides graduate medical education to residents in general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, internal medicine, family medicine, emergency medicine, psychiatry, pediatrics, and podiatric medicine and surgery, and provides undergraduate medical education to Central Michigan University College of Medicine students.
Healthy Saginaw Scholarship details
Because of our commitment to the ongoing education of individuals pursuing healthcare-related education or training, CMU Medical Education Partners is proud to offer the Healthy Saginaw Scholarship, which encourages Saginaw County residents to obtain an undergraduate degree in preparation of attending medical school or pursuing a degree in a field that will allow the applicant to provide direct patient care.
The maximum scholarship funding available for the 2023-2024 academic year is $30,000. The top ten applicants will be awarded a scholarship of $3,000 each.
To be considered for the Healthy Saginaw Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a permanent residence in Saginaw County.
- Be pursuing a degree in a field that will allow the applicant to provide direct patient care, or plan to attend medical school.
- Be studying a health-related field or plan to attend medical school, be accepted to a college or university in the state of Michigan, and be enrolled in classes as of the date the scholarship payment is made to the college or university.
- Submit a 1-2 page essay that best describes the individual’s:
- Reason for wanting to become a physician or obtain a direct patient focused master’s-level degree
- Target patient population and specialty or career goals
- Financial need
- Anticipated practice location five years after completing residency or coursework
- Be willing to authorize any scholarship payment to be made directly to the college or university at which the student is enrolled.
These determinants are awarded based on the criteria set forth in the scholarship and/or created by the Scholarship Committee, made up of the CMU Medical Education Partners Administrative Team.
Application and deadline
Application forms and essays should be emailed to Trish Salas at email@example.com no later than June 15, 2023 to be applied to the fall 2023 semester. Please include “Scholarship Application” in the subject line.
Payments will be made directly to the university to which the student is enrolled in classes for the fall semester.