If you suffer from pelvic floor disorders such as prolapse, incontinence, or sexual dysfunction, you aren’t alone. Many women often think these conditions are a normal part of aging and are unaware of the many treatment options available to them. Our team is committed to providing high-quality service and educational resources that empower women to take control of their health and improve their confidence and quality of life.
While some conditions related to the female reproductive and urinary tract systems can be treated by a primary care doctor or a gynecologist, some conditions are better treated by a physician who specializes in Urogynecology. Urogynecologists manage clinical problems associated with dysfunction of the pelvic floor and bladder and view the urinary and reproductive systems as being intertwined – not mutually exclusive.
CMU Health Urogynecology focuses on surgical and non-surgical treatment options for women experiencing symptoms of pelvic floor conditions. Our female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery specialists treat each patient with thoughtful, personalized care, working closely to help you determine the best option to manage your condition.
Consider CMU Health Urogynecology if you need treatment for any of the following:
- Leaking urine when you sneeze, cough or laugh
- A bulge in the pelvic area
- Leaking stool
- Difficulty holding urine
- Congenital anomalies of the lower reproductive tract (imperforate hymen, vaginal septum, uterine anomalies)
- Fecal incontinence
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Post-hysterectomy prolapse
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urethral diverticulum
- Urgency urinary incontinence
- Vesicovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas
- Voiding dysfunction
- Anal sphincter repair (in collaboration with our Colorectal Surgery team)
- Bladder Botox injections
- Bladder instillation for Interstitial cystitis
- Bladder prolapse (cystocele) repair
- Complex urodynamics testing
- Enterocele repair
- Midurethral sling
- Post-hysterectomy vaginal prolapse repair
- Rectocele repair
- Rectovaginal fistula repair
- Urethral diverticulum surgery
- Urodynamics testing
- Uterine prolapse surgery
- Vesicovaginal fistula repair
Surgical approaches to pelvic floor disorders:
- Sacral nerve stimulation
- Anal sphincteroplasty
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy
- Urethral reconstruction
Nonsurgical approaches to pelvic floor disorders:
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Electrical stimulation (Sacral neuromodulation and Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation PTNS)
- Urge suppression
- Pelvic floor re-education
- Behavioral and medical management of urinary incontinence
Why Choose CMU Health Urogynecology?
CMU Health doctors have the expertise, training and technology to provide optimal care for patients suffering from conditions requiring surgical and non-surgical treatment. Our physicians develop treatment plans specific to each patient and give them the care and attention to attain the best possible results.
Our women’s health providers have privileges at both Ascension St. Mary’s and Covenant HealthCare in Saginaw. However, many procedures are done in our office and do not require a trip to the hospital.
In addition to seeing patients at two regional hospitals, we also offer minimally invasive outpatient treatment or in-office management at CMU Health clinics in Saginaw.