Quality Patient Care
Patient-Centered Medical Home Designation
CMU Health’s Internal Medicine and Pediatrics departments are Patient-Centered Medical Homes. This means our clinics have been reviewed by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan regarding how our doctors, clinical team and staff work with patients.
When we committed to becoming a Patient-Centered Medical Home, we vowed to prioritize our focus on you – our patients.
As a patient of CMU Health, your health care team will:
- Provide safe and evidence-based quality care.
- Lead and coordinate care throughout your journey as a CMU patient.
- Explain medications, treatments, diseases and diagnostic results, so you understand them.
- Listen and encourage you to ask questions and share feelings to help you make informed decisions about your care.
- Survey all health needs and refer you to trusted specialists, when necessary.
- Grant access to 24/7 contact with a CMU Health physician by MyChart Patient Portal or phone.
- Use electronic medical records to coordinate efficient care.
We invite you to join us in a patient-doctor partnership as we work toward our goals of achieving Patient-Centered Medical Home designation as a health care organization overall and delivering high-quality care for all generations.