CMU Health is home to some of the region’s foremost specialists in adult medicine and the treatment and prevention of complex diseases and illnesses. Our Internal Medicine residents and faculty physicians provide care for adult patients, 18 years of age and older.
Our providers focus on disease prevention and health management, and treatment of conditions, including:
- Allergic conditions
- Depression and related conditions
- Diabetes and its complications, as well as other hormonal conditions
- Gastrointestinal conditions (constipation, diarrhea, abdominal complaints)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Lung disease (asthma, emphysema, COPD)
- Non-obstetric needs of pregnant patients
- Preventive health care (vaccination, smoking cessation, disease screening – including STD screens)
- Primary care of patients with HIV, Hepatitis C
- Screening and prevention of cancers
- Sports medicine
- Travel medicine and immunizations
In addition, our providers offer the following in-office procedures:
- Depo-Provera injections, IUD and Nexplanon insertion and removal
- Diabetic foot care and nail trimming
- Earwax removal
- Ingrown toenail removal
- Joint and carpal tendon injections
- Pap smears for cancer screening
- Removal and testing of moles
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Wart treatment
The Internal Medicine practice at CMU Health is a Patient-Centered Medical Home. Explore the benefits of receiving care in a Patient-Centered Medical Home here.
Use our Find a Doctor tool to find an Internal Medicine provider near you and schedule an appointment.
*No referral required to seek primary care services.